A large publicly-traded company headquartered in San Antonio contacted us to help them raise brand awareness in order to improve hiring prospects in the Austin market. The company, which provides customer care phone support for some of the most recognized brands in the world, needed to figure out how to communicate the career growth opportunities across a variety of industries available to prospective hires. The company lacked a cohesive brand identity across its various customer support divisions. It also lacked a solid communication strategy aimed at its workforce and the public at large.
Create a unifying brand theme and communication strategy designed to give the company’s employees a universal brand with which they could identify above and beyond the separate customer support groups to which they belong. We created a single theme around a call to action for employees and prospective employees, complete with original photography of employees, graphic design, and messaging. Based on interviews, we also identified three key demographic traits indicative of highly desirable/successful employees. Our messaging and artwork for both recruiting and internal communication materials targeted those traits in order to boost the company’s appeal across those segments.
We put together an action plan for the company that included:
- Appealing to key employee demographics based on interviews and workforce observations
- Designed multifaceted media campaign that included digital campaign, posters, bus wraps, highway billboards, and newspaper ads; PR included outreach to local TV and print media
- Campaign themes addressed outside recruiting needs, internal recruiting initiatives, and employee morale boosts
- Suggested new social media engagement approach surrounding client’s hiring initiative and daily food truck offerings; also suggested that the client create additional branded material for its offices to include posters, lanyards, pins and other branded items
- Recommended an employee ambassador program to reward top performers with perks and additional responsibilities that included becoming recruiting ambassadors with networking and social media opportunities
The client was able to hire several hundred new employees to meet seasonal hiring needs. The client was successful in launching an internal recruiting campaign that included our employee-facing collateral featuring posters, branded items, and recruiting cards.
The client’s corporate headquarters liked our recruiting campaign so much they decided to utilized it as a company-wide initiative on their employee recruiting website in order to give the site a stronger brand identity, provide a more employee-centric image, and to make an effective call-to-action.
We fostered a stronger sense of employee belonging by creating a series of internal use posters at the client site. The posters featured original photos of current employees and copy relating to their work experience. Ongoing PR activities continue to emphasize the customer’s growth in the Austin market, as well as the variety of job opportunities – from supporting global logistics to video chat support – that are available.